Before we discuss fees, we need to discuss fit. Hannah Yager believes that “therapeutic fit” is the most important component of therapy. Research has concluded that clients that have a strong therapeutic relationship with their practitioner do best and achieve their goals more consistently. This “fit” needs to be great for client and therapist alike. Hannah wants to set clients up for a rewarding experience. Converging Currents offers different session fee packages to fit the differing needs of clients. With this in mind, the following information is provided for your review:
Meet & Greet
Step Three: Commitment
Converging Currents does not offer Brief Therapy which would be counselling that is irregular or infrequent; these are considered “drop-in” sessions. This is why Converging Currents asks you to commit to a monthly session plan.
What Kinds Of Clients Does Hannah Work with?
Hannah treats individuals with a variety of life goals that may be facing many different challenges. Hannah describes herself as a therapeutic coach and works best with individuals, couples or families with the following characteristics and values:
Clients who, generally, like Hannah’s therapeutic approach
tend to be…
- high functioning
- other motivated individuals (young and old)
Client’s who respond best to this approach
- my education.
- my expertise and life experience.
- that change is a process that requires effort and isn’t always as fast as we wish it was.
- that we are in a collaborative relationship.
- personal responsibility and accountability.
- traditional and alternative (outdoors/nature) office space .
- self-exploration, self-reflection, and increasing one’s self-awareness.
- professional and excellent clinical services.
- the importance of their past experiences on their present issues.
- that they are responsible for their own growth.
- my professional boundaries and office policies.
- that I won’t give them answers, but I will guide them in the process.
- that they need to be motivated, and respectful.
- that they will have to take charge of their life and make some big changes in order to shift their daily experiences.
- Couples understand:
- that they both contributed to the challenges that currently exist in the relationship and both are willing to work on themselves.
- that they need to come to counselling with a stance of seeking to understand what each is contributing to the challenges they are facing in the relationship instead of blaming each other.
- be committed to doing several sessions (Hannah does not do crisis counselling).
- pay my full fee on time, based on the monthly packaged determined together.
- arrive on time to sessions.
- attend sessions on a regular basis.
- emotionally invest in the therapeutic process.
- be willing to learn and grow.
- be open and vulnerable in sessions.
- be determined to follow through with the steps and tools suggested in sessions.
*Couples counselling is about changing yourself, not your partner. If you are not ready to work on the relationship, or sessions become a space where you unleash your frustrations onto your partner in a disrespectful manner (swearing, name-calling, aggression, etc.), Hannah will ask that you work with an individual therapist to develop the capacity to reflect on the contributions you bring to the struggles you are having with your partner.
Groups & Workshops
Converging Currents runs a variety of groups & workshops. Here are just a few of the ones we are currently running or have run in the past:
Adventure Therapy Groups for kids and adults
Emotional Wellness Groups
Transitions/Life Stress Support Groups
Please see the groups and workshops page for current groups and workshops being offered and prices. Don’t see the one your looking for? Converging Currents will start groups if you have a group of people interested in a particular topic. Or we can help advertise and run a group your interested in. Check out our Groups/Workshop page or contact us for more information.
Sessions offered in English or Spanish depending on clients preference
If you have any questions Contact Converging Currents for an initial, no obligation, confidential online consultation. Hannah, also, offers Telemental Health Counselling online: Please see Virtual Counselling for more information about online sessions from the comfort of your home.
I encourage you to consider your overall goals and how much time and money your wanting to invest. Then let’s create the program that makes the most sense for your needs. Some clients want a little bit extra support outside of their regular scheduled appointments. This additional support can come in the form of secure emails or phone calls.
30 Minute Video Conferencing Support
This is a great way to augment your counselling sessions. The Purpose of the this kind of support is to either check in with goals you are already working on in session or to work on other goals that you are more able to be self-directed with. We will check-in with your goals and set regular/weekly objectives. It is a great way to maintain forward movement as I support you with moving toward your goals, problem-solving any barriers that arise, gaining ideas for how to move forward, identifying any personal blockages and helping you remove them.
15 Minute Video Conferencing Support
For those times when you just need a quick check-in and things are going fairly smooth. Maybe you want to set new goals/objectives once you’ve achieved the ones you initially set or maybe you need help problem solving a minor obstacle.
Sometimes parents need a little extra support with something and want to check in during the week.
Monthly Email Check-ins/Support
The purpose of the monthly email check-in is to provide follow-up outside of your counselling sessions. Some people want a little extra support outside of sessions. Maybe you have come up against some obstacles to your objectives and just need a few quick suggestions. I might recommend some solutions to barriers or send you an article that might be helpful.