Before we discuss fees, we need to discuss fit. We believe that “therapeutic fit” is the most important component of therapy. Research has concluded that clients that have a strong therapeutic relationship with their practitioner do best and achieve their goals more consistently. We want to set clients up for a rewarding experience. With this in mind, the following information is provided for your review:
How we Work Together to Support you
We believe that you will get more from your counselling experience if we work together as a team and collaborate on cases. We have regular team meetings in order to consult with each other regarding the work we are doing as counsellors. We believe that their is value in getting multiple perspectives on situations that arise in the counselling sessions. Regular team meetings allows us to continue to challenge each other and grow in our role as your counsellor.
Collaboration at Converging Currents is huge! We encourage you to try a session here and there with a different counsellor (if they have space in their calendar) so that you can benefit from the varied experiences the Team at Converging Currents Counselling has. At times, We may offer co-therapy sessions if we think it will be helpful to have another counsellor join the session and bring a different lens to the client. We want you to feel supported so we are not upset when a client asks to have a session with a different counsellor at Converging Currents. We think this is a great benefit to you!
We ask for Commitment
Converging Currents does NOT offer Brief Therapy which would be counselling that is irregular or infrequent in nature; these are considered “drop-in” sessions. Converging Currents Counselling asks you to commit to weekly sessions. We do not do biweekly or monthly sessions until we are in the maintenance phase of counselling with you. However, we do our best to work with client’s schedules and understand that we have clients that sometimes work out of town and can’t make weekly sessions work. We do try our best to work with your unique situation.
We do not offer Drop-In Sessions at this time, because in order to accommodate irregular and random bookings we would need to bump another client out of their regular scheduled spot in order to give a drop-in client a spot. We want to honor our current clients by ensuring they get the weekly sessions they want
Additionally, we believe that most people seeking counselling need weekly sessions in order to see change occur in their lives. We are passionate about understanding your goals and the root cause of the struggles and challenges you are facing. We work hard to understand your story and to support your healing journey. It is very difficult to create a treatment plan or prepare for sessions that are irregular. We understand that counselling is costly and we want you to get the most from your sessions. We do not believe it is necessary for clients to be in counselling for years.
Lastly, we believe that regular weekly sessions will accelerate your counselling process and lead to you spending less time and money on counselling in the long run because you will be able to do focused and intentional work. Most of our clients spend 2-4 months in sessions and then report that they feel they have reached their counselling goals and are ready to end. Our goal at Converging Currents Counselling is to work with clients in a way that is effective and meaningful so that clients reach their treatment goals faster and do not become reliant on years of counselling.
If you are not looking for a consistent and regular therapeutic experience, then Converging Currents is not going to be the right fit for you and we encourage you to find a practitioner that can support you with drop-in sessions.
What Kinds Of Clients Do the Counsellors at Converging Currents Work with?
We treat individuals with a variety of life goals that may be facing many different challenges. We tend to work best with individuals, couples or families with the following characteristics and values:
Clients who, generally, like our therapeutic approach
tend to be…
- other motivated individuals (young and old)
Client’s who respond best to this approach
- our education.
- our expertise and life experience.
- that change is a process that requires effort and isn’t always as fast as we wish it was.
- that we are in a collaborative relationship.
- that we often work together as a Team and support each other.
- personal responsibility and accountability.
- traditional and alternative (outdoors/nature) office space.
- self-exploration, self-reflection, and increasing one’s self-awareness.
- professional and excellent clinical services.
- the importance of their past experiences on their present issues.
- that they are responsible for their own growth.
- our professional boundaries and office policies.
- that we won’t give them answers, but we will guide them in the process.
- that they need to be motivated, and respectful.
- that they will have to take charge of their life and make some big changes in order to shift their daily experiences.
- Couples understand:
- that they both contributed to the challenges that currently exist in the relationship and both are willing to work on themselves.
- that they need to come to counselling with a stance of seeking to understand what each is contributing to the challenges they are facing in the relationship instead of blaming each other.
- be committed to doing weekly sessions (We do not do crisis counselling or drop-in sessions).
- pay the full session fee after each session and pay cancellation fees when cancelling without 48 hours notice.
- arrive on time to sessions.
- attend sessions on a regular basis.
- emotionally invest in the therapeutic process.
- be willing to learn and grow.
- be open and vulnerable in sessions.
- be determined to follow through with the steps and tools suggested in sessions.
*Couples counselling is about changing yourself, not your partner. If you are not ready to work on the relationship, or sessions become a space where you unleash your frustrations onto your partner in a disrespectful manner (swearing, name-calling, aggression, etc.), We will ask that you work with an individual therapist to develop the capacity to reflect on the contributions you bring to the struggles you are having with your partner.
Counselling Session Fees
We offer different session fees to meet your varying circumstances. Please see below for our counselling rates. We offer a lower fee rate when we have a student working with us. We generally have a student working with us at least once a year for 6 months.
$180 – 90 Minute Session
$150 – 60 Minute Session
Holistic Nutrition Fees
The first step in your nutritional healing journey is to book an Initial Assessment and Intake appointment. This session allows us to understand where you are at and what goals you have for your nutritional health. We will then create a plan together for how many sessions you might need. We will work together on a weekly basis over the course of several weeks.
Converging Currents runs a variety of groups & workshops. Here are just a few of the ones we are currently running or have run in the past:
Holistic Nutrition and Anxiety/Depression
Adventure Therapy Groups for kids and adults
Emotional Wellness Groups
Transitions/Life Stress Support Groups
Please see the groups and workshops page for current groups and workshops being offered and prices. Don’t see the one your looking for? Converging Currents will start groups if you have a group of people interested in a particular topic. Or we can help advertise and run a group your interested in. Check out our Groups/Workshop page or contact us for more information.
If you have any questions please email or call us and we would be happy to address your questions prior to booking you for an appointment. Contact Converging Currents so that we can answer your questions. We, also, offer Telemental Health Counselling online: Please see Virtual Counselling for more information about online sessions from the comfort of your home.