Individual Counselling is an opportunity to improve your overall sense of social and emotional health and wellbeing. People come to Converging Currents for many different reasons and personal challenges including: career changes, divorce or relationship difficulties, trauma, grief or loss, anxiety, depression, amongst other things. We can help you create a plan for achieving your personal or professional goals as they relate to many areas of your life.
- work towards personal goals and dreams, and identify any barriers getting in the way
- discover the root cause of anything holding you back
- process traumatic events
- understand attachment and build an awareness of its importance
- learn about your attachment needs and habits
- gain understanding about your relationships past/present
- understand your emotional world and learn to emotionally regulate.
- grow into a deeper sense-of-self
- find new direction and new inspiration in life
- navigate anxiety and depression and it’s affects on your life
- move through challenging transitions with support
- learn about healthy romantic relationships and emotional intelligence
- build confidence and self-worth or heal from a negative body image
- discover your unique strengths and what makes you tick
- find out what holds you back from living out your full potential
typical Clients We Work with
We work with motivated and respectful clients. We enjoy working with those individuals who are ready to shift things in their life and take charge of their own growth. We want to work with individuals who are purposeful and determined to transform their lives. We are passionate about helping clients increase self-awareness related to their actions and behaviors. We believe that self-awareness creates space for opportunity. Opportunity offers individuals new choices and allows them to take control of their lives and make their future what they want it to be.
We work best with clients who are ready to commit to the process of weekly sessions. Please see the Session Fees page for more information about the minimum commitment required to work with Converging Currents.
If you are interested in doing counselling in a non-traditional setting (outside) please see the Adventure Therapy page for more info.
Available Services & Fees
If you have any questions Converging Currents offers a FREE fifteen minute virtual consultation, so that potential clients can meet their counsellor before booking an appointment. Contact Converging Currents for an initial, no obligation, confidential virtual consultation. We, also, offer Telemental Health Counselling online: Please see Virtual Counselling for more information about online sessions from the comfort of your home.