Couples & Family Therapy
Intimate relationships should be rewarding and fulfilling! Connection is at the core of humans’ basic, survival needs. Couple’s Counselling can strengthen mental and emotional wellbeing by deepening the love in your relationship. It can be truly terrifying when our needs are not being met or we do not know how to get them met. Couples Therapy can help.
Benefits of Couples Counselling
- Deepen connection and intimacy in your romantic relationship.
- Develop new skills for navigating difficult conversations.
- Learn to communicate positively and assertively during conflict.
- Gain the ability to touch your partner on an emotional level.
- Feel calm and confident in your relationship.
- Create a secure base with each other so that you can feel safe and secure taking risks outside your relationship in other areas of life.
- Identify your unique “attachment” pattern, both individually and as a couple.
- Find out what’s at the root of your relational distress and what’s getting in the way of shared dreams.
- Increase your awareness of the patterns that are destroying your relationships.
- Understand your own and your partner’s needs and triggers in the relationship.
Counselling can help relationships that are just a few months old or 60 + years in the making. Through counselling you can gain relational awareness – there is a science behind why relationships do not work and it has nothing to do with your partner being the “wrong” fit.
Relational conflict can lead to health issues, loss of sleep, separation, divorce, eating disorders, loneliness and ultimately unhealthy coping methods. Thankfully, there are other options and counselling can reduce these symptoms and treat the root cause within just a few months.
Family counselling is offered for whole family systems or to adults trying to figure out how to connect with or understand their child better. Family counselling supports the strengthening of individual relationships within a family unit. It can also help parents wanting to learn about or shift to attachment-base-parenting. Attachment-based-parenting will increase connection between parents and their children. Strong family connections are a protective factor that helps prevent child or teen mischief and misbehaviors. Hannah works with all kinds of families, including those with autist children, to help them grow and deepen their cohesion to each other.
Benefits of Family Counselling
- deepen connection and cooperation within your family system
- develop new skills for navigating difficult conversations with your children
- learn to communicate positively and assertively during conflict
- make sense of your child’s behaviors, emotional world, and their developmental stages.
- feel calm and confident in your relationships as a family
- develop skills to support your child’s emotional intelligence, including their ability to emotionally regulate
- create a secure base for your children from which they can explore the world and take healthy risks
- help your child learn how to build healthy relationships
- support children who are being bullied by peers
- discover why your child might be struggling at home or in school
- Identify “attachment” patterns in your family
- Find out what’s at the root of any family, relational distress
- Increase your awareness of the patterns that are destroying your family’s relationships
- Understand your own and your children’s needs and triggers in the relationship
Available Services & Fees
I offer a variety of services and packages to meet your needs. All of my counselling sessions are customizable depending on the circumstances and experiences of each specific client. Please also visit my Fees Page for more information.
If you have any questions Converging Currents offers a FREE ten minute online Zoom consultation, so that potential clients can meet Hannah face-to-face before booking an appointment. Contact Converging Currents for an initial, no obligation, confidential Zoom consultation. Hannah, also, offers online counselling over Zoom: Please see Virtual Counselling for more information about online sessions from the comfort of your home.
Types of Clients
Hannah works with high-functioning, motivated and respectful adult clients. She enjoys working with those individuals who are ready to shift things in their life and take charge of their own growth. Hannah enjoys working with individuals who are purposeful and determined to transform their lives. She is passionate about helping clients increase self-awareness related to their actions and behaviors. Hannah believes that self-awareness creates space for opportunity. Opportunity offers individuals new choices and allows them to take control of their lives and make their future what they want it to be.
When it comes to Children and Youth, Hannah understands that the young brain is developing and children are trying to make sense of their world. She knows that often times this looks like experimenting behaviors, unwanted behaviors, or challenging behaviors. Hannah approaches youth as they are and understands they are undergoing deep levels of transformation. Hannah seeks to meet youth where they are and help them by being someone they can trust to guide their thoughts, beliefs, and emotions. Hannah will work with a variety of children, including autistic children and their families.
Hannah works best with families and couples who are ready to commit to the process of weekly sessions. Please see the Session Fees page for more information about minimum commitment required.
If you have any questions Converging Currents offers a FREE ten minute online consultation, so that potential clients can meet Hannah face-to-face before booking an appointment. Contact Converging Currents for an initial, no obligation, confidential online consultation. Hannah, also, offers Telemental Health Counselling online: Please see Virtual Counselling for more information about online sessions from the comfort of your home.