Intimate relationships should be rewarding and fulfilling! Connection is at the core of our human basic, survival needs. Couple’s Counselling can strengthen mental and emotional wellbeing by deepening the love in your relationship. It can be truly terrifying when our needs are not being met or we do not know how to get them met. Couples Therapy can help.
Benefits of Couples Counselling
- Deepen connection and intimacy in your romantic relationship.
- Develop new skills for navigating difficult conversations.
- Learn to communicate positively and assertively during conflict.
- Gain the ability to touch your partner on an emotional level.
- Feel calm and confident in your relationship.
- Create a secure base with each other so that you can feel safe and secure taking risks outside your relationship in other areas of life.
- Identify your unique “attachment” pattern, both individually and as a couple.
- Find out what’s at the root of your relational distress and what’s getting in the way of shared dreams.
- Increase your awareness of the patterns that are destroying your relationships.
- Understand your own and your partner’s needs and triggers in the relationship.
Counselling can help relationships that are just a few months old or 60 + years in the making. Through counselling you can gain relational awareness – there is a science behind why relationships do not work and it has nothing to do with your partner being the “wrong” fit.
Relational conflict can lead to health issues, loss of sleep, separation, divorce, eating disorders, loneliness and ultimately unhealthy coping methods. Thankfully, there are other options and counselling can reduce these symptoms and treat the root cause within just a few months.
Typical Couples We Work With
We work with motivated and respectful clients. We enjoy working with those couples who are ready to shift things in their life and take charge of their own growth. We want to work with couples who are purposeful and determined to transform their lives. We are passionate about helping clients increase self-awareness related to their actions and behaviors. We belief that self-awareness creates space for opportunity. Opportunity offers couples new choices and allows them to take control of their lives and make their future what they want it to be.
We work best with clients who are ready to commit to the process of weekly sessions. Please see the Session Fees page for more information about the minimum commitment required to work with Converging Currents.
Available Services & Fees
If you have any questions Converging Currents offers a FREE fifteen minute virtual consultation, so that potential clients can meet their counsellor before booking an appointment. Contact Converging Currents for an initial, no obligation, confidential virtual consultation. We, also, offer Telemental Health Counselling online: Please see Virtual Counselling for more information about online sessions from the comfort of your home.